4.04.2006

Trash = Love

The trash needs to be taken out.

I've been doing some "spring cleaning" and I've got two big trash bags sitting on the floor in the kitchen waiting to be taken out to the already-over-flowing trash can. Why is it that I can do all the work of spring cleaning, but taking two trash bags out is out of the question? What is it about this chore that makes me not wanna do it?

I'm not married. Never have been. And since I'm not psychic, I don't know if I ever will be. I've survived all these years doing everything myself. I take out the trash, take care of the car, lawn, cleaning, cooking, laundry, bills... you name it. However, I don't do all of these things well. I don't need a roommate. Don't want one. But if I found ONE guy... just ONE guy who would do some of this crap, I'd marry him in a New York heartbeat. A freakin New York heartbeat.

SWF ISO CMM (chore-minded-man)

Ok, maybe I exaggerate. Maybe I wouldn't marry him. That's pretty extreme. Maybe I would just keep him around long enough to make it look like I'm highly considering it. He's got a good sporting chance to convince me. I really don't even care if he does these things himself or if he hires someone to do it. Honestly. Let's take the lawn... higher someone. Fine. I don't care. Really. I'm all about it. All I want out of life is to come home and realize the Lawn Fairy had come to see me while I was gone. Or the changed-the-oil-in-the-car Fairy. I really don't ask for much.

I'm a reasonable woman.

Don't think that I'm just this completely selfish woman here. I'm willing to put my own sweat into this relationship. Give me a list. Just go ahead and give it to me and let's see what the demands are. I guarantee that most of them are do-able. I'll trade you car maintenance/bills for cleaning/laundry. I'll give you lawn work for absolutely any sexual favor you want. See? It'll work out just fine. Everyone's happy.

Ok, fine.

As much as this relationship of convenience sounds good, I know that I want more... like love, connection, respect, laughter... someone with emotional integrity. But I tell ya, if he's all that AND pays the bills on time, I'll make sure he's one very happy man.

Ok, gotta go take out the trash now.

No comments: