8.18.2006

Gossip

A conversation I had at last night’s Mary Kay party:

Her: It’s not happening in September.

Me: I’m lost. What’s not happening?

Her: You know… the wedding.

Me: Still lost. What wedding?

Her: You know

Me: Ok. I need a little more info here.

Her: Between “name” and “name”.

Me: Ohhh… wait, I thought they had gotten married in June or July.

Her: This will be the third postponement.

Me: Did she finally tell him she’s been married five times already?

Her: Yes. Among a whole bunch of other stuff.

Me: Really? Like what?

Her: I’d rather not say. I’ve taken a vow to stop gossiping... but they aren’t living together anymore.

Me: Are you serious? You've stopped gossiping?

Her: Yes

Me: So, what is THIS? Only half gossiping? At what point would this turn into real gossip?

Her: I’m just sayin’…

Me: Well, start this stupid vow tomorrow and finish the gossip you’ve already started.”

And, of course, she did.

No comments: