9.15.2006

A Day in the Life...

I was just instructed to write another poem.
May struggle at first, but soon I’ll get goin.
Last one was serious – so this one is light.
I’ll attempt to be funny with all of my might.

There’s a Starbucks – brand new – near where I stays.
No drive-thru however, so I went out of my ways.
Found another - far off - that had curb side service.
Had enough caffeine to make me jittery and nervous.

Not sure why I couldn’t get out of my car.
Walk in and order – instead I drove far.
I guess this might say a lot about me.
Maybe stubborn or bored… or maybe lazy.

Took a bath just now – a long one and hot.
Washed my face with some stuff that I just bought.
My tan has now faded – so sad that it’s gone.
Contacts are out and glasses are on.

On the couch and typing and the Tivo is paused.
Trying to force out this poem – a ruckus you’ve caused.
This princess is tired and my eyes want to close.
This challenge has ended. Are you happy? Who knows.

No comments: